Common problems for water heaters.
1. Keeping the temperature above 125° can cause damage.
2. Brown water coming out of a hot water faucet could mean that the tank liner has ruptured.
3. If there is too much pressure in the tank, the pressure relief valve may leak.
4. Installing a water and gas safety valve will shut down the water heater when it senses a problem.
5. A thermal expansion tank will allow pressure to build up keeping it from damaging the tank.
For advice or help with home repairs, fencing or painting, visit www.handymanhill.net